If you don’t know where you are going you will end up someplace else. – Yogi Berra
My life consist of sleep, food, and travel. I don’t have a home base as of right now. That is one of the cons of SELLING EVERYTHING to live out of a suitcase. I did pick up my RV as a part time living arrangement for when I am not flying off to somewhere those little wheels can’t take me!
I can’t say I have my travel down to a science, yet I improve with each new adventure. I have gotten a lot of compliments and questions about my travel gear, so I thought I would share a few of my must have items.
#1 American Flyer Luggage (Silver/Pink) Clover 5 Piece Set with Spinner Wheels
This is the set I purchased because I wanted something to stand out at the airport and the reviews on this were wonderful.
- Various types of sets in different colors and designs. (Some of the sets have different types of bags included.)
- Expandable extra room for those who need a little extra space on the way home.
- All of the pieces fit inside one another making for great storage.
- They come with a 2 year manufacture warranty
- Locks for each luggage piece were also included.
- Piece dimensions l x w x h – inches and empty weights:
- 28 inch upright 18 x 13 x 28 / 11.4-lbs
- 24 inch upright 16 x 11 x 24 / 9.7-lbs
- 20 inch carry-on upright 14x10x20 8.25-lbs
- personal bag 18×8.5×12 2-lbs
- All uprights include a locking retractable telescoping handle along with top, side and bottom carrying handles
- Uprights have four spinner wheels for easy maneuver
- Light weight depending on what you pack in them!
#2 Ogio Hampton’s Women’s Tote
I did a lot of research before stumbling along this tote. They come in a variety of designs, but I picked red because it was on sale. Plus, I was trying to do something new. All of the reviews left me with one conclusion: This bag has everything except a cup holder, but is the perfect computer bag for the ladies.
- I loved the variety of designs and colors they offer.
- Shoulder strap length: 24″
- I have been trying to find a durable, cute, laptop bag to fit all my computer and camera gear and this one did the trick.
- There are plenty of pockets and zippers to keep things nice and snug. I wont say it is perfect, but I will say it holds everything in one place as I was hoping.
- Includes interior back wall zipper pocket and one exterior zipper pocket,
- Fully padded fleece lined laptop compartment with elastic closure fits most 15″ laptops **I have a 15.6 inch laptop (gigantic I know) but for now a new computer isn’t in the budget. Ideally my first recommendation would be to get a smaller laptop. If not, then you are left with the task of finding a bag to fit that gigantic thing! I am able to fit my laptop in the bag and zip it with room for all of my other work accessories as well. It is a little bulky at times, but you can’t have everything. This was my $40 fix before buying a new laptop.
#3 Packing Cube System
For organization these are a life saver.
- They are easy to transport and mold to your suitcase for the most part.
- You can find these in a wide variety of colors and sizes. I picked up a set and haven’t had any complaints.
- I usually only need three of them for my everyday travels. For longer trips I will use all of the cubes or keep some for dirty clothes of extra items you may need for later.
- Saves time. These are helpful for sorting your your luggage and not sitting there scouring through wasting precious time you could be using sight seeing!
#4 Reusable Twist Ties
I bought these reusable twist ties to keep my cords from getting tangled while transporting. I love them. I think the 3 inch sets are a bit small, so I personally use the 6 and 12 inch sets. But, it depends what you are going to be using them for.
TIP: When you are not using them either store them in your bag or wrap them around the cord to keep up with them as they are easy to loose.
#5 Travel Bottle Set with Leak Proof Silicone Bottles and Cream Jar
Originally, I borrowed one of these from someone and ended up liking it so much I bought a set of my own.
- I haven’t been able to get the labels to operate properly but that could be a user error. I wouldn’t buy them for the labels anyway that’s what they make permanent markers for.
- I just wanted the flexibility to toss these and go without the fear of them leaking. Thankfully I haven’t had an issue with these leaking. I keep coconut oil in one and it liquefies and solidifies depending on temperature so these bottles have been very reliable for me thus far in my travels.
- I would recommend the silicone materials over plastic sets for toiletry items. I have had experience with both and prefer the silicone.
- TSA APPROVED sizes for easy of use while traveling by air.
- I use these daily and just keep larger bottles to refill.
#6 Make up tote
This handy tote is a lifesaver I found at a retail store, but it was cheaper online.
- You can find different designs to match your style. I have seen a few different variations of these but they are for the most part very similar. I am sure some are better quality.
- I really liked the fast, quick grab and go design.
- I don’t use the zippered pouch but the scrunchy alone has been a useful tool for quick on the go work space and make up bag all in one.
- The other great thing about this design is the fact it will flatten out or maneuver to fit your purse, luggage or anywhere else you may be trying to toss it.
- It doubles as a work space!
#7 Multi-Position Heavy Duty Folding Hand Truck and Dolly
- I use this thing almost everyday it goes everywhere with me to transport packages, groceries, and luggage.
- It is light weight and folds easy for storage. I keep mine in the car most of the time.
- Love the fact it can “transform” from a dolly to a hand truck. I have had this for a few years and the only complaint I have is the handle could be taller or extendable when in trolley mode. Sometimes I find myself bending over to push this when in heels. Or if someone taller using on a regular it can be cumbersome.
A few more travel tips…
- Bring all the chargers you are going to need (computer, tablets, phones, camera…)
- Buy Two of Everything and keep a travel toiletry set ready with all of you essentials. ALL of the items in my toiletry bag are approved for TSA. So I am ready to travel by car or air.
- Don’t count on the hotel having conditioner plan ahead and bring your own.
- Don’t wait till the last minute to stock up. (1) You may have to settle for something other than what you expected (2) You may end up paying extra for that convenience.
- Always shop on online. You can usually find the best deals, and you can see what alternatives are out there
Don’t forget you can pick up all of my travel gear here at Bloggin Brandi’s Store via Amazon
Do you have any must have items? Anything you can’t travel without? I would love to hear any of your tools for hacking productivity in the butt on the go. These items all keep my organized and ready for my next adventure. I never have to say let me pack. I just zip zip and go! The first step is downsizing and getting use to a minimalist lifestyle. Trust me you can live without most things you think you can’t.
Steve Jobs wore the same outfit everyday and pre-ordered a lifetime supply of the same shirt just to eliminate the need to pick out an outfit everyday. Think about how much time you spend picking out clothes. Just find a routine and stick with it, keep perfecting it, and before long it will become a habit you never imagine living without.